Madison County Illinois Auditor
About the Madison County Auditor's Office
The Illinois State Statute 5/3-1001 provides that in all counties containing less than 3,000,000 and over 75,000 inhabitants, there is created the office of County Auditor, whose term of offices shall be four years until his successor is elected and qualified.
The duties of the Auditor are as follows:
- Be the general accountant of the County and keep its general accounts.
- Devise and install a system of financial records in the offices and divisions of the County, to be followed in such offices and divisions. Such a system shall be suitable to the needs of the office and in accordance with generally accepted principles of accounting for governmental bodies.
- Audit all claims against the County, and recommend to the County Board the payment or rejection of all claims presented.
- Collect, analyze and preserve statistical and financial information with respect to the cost of operation of the various institutions and facilities maintained, operated or owned by the County.
- Approve all orders for supplies issued by the various County officers, before the orders are to be placed with the parties to whom the same are to be given.
- Maintain a file of all contracts entered into by the County Board and all authorized County officers, for or on behalf of the County.
- Report quarterly to the County Board the entire financial operations of the County including revenues anticipated and received, expenditures estimated and paid, obligations unpaid, the condition of all funds and appropriations and other pertinent information.
- Audit all receipts of all County officers and departments presented for deposit with the County Treasurer.
- Maintain a continuous internal audit of the operations and financial records of the officers, agents or divisions of the County.
- Audit the inventory of all real and personal property owned by the County under the control and management of the various officers and departments of the County.
- Audit the documentation, records, and bases for the amounts billed to the County.
About Rick Faccin, Madison County Auditor
Click here for a full biography of Rick Faccin.
Madison Co. Auditor’s Office
157 North Main Street, Ste. 382
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Phone: (618) 692-7040 x 4011
Fax: (618) 655-2001
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.